Sunday, September 05, 2004

VC's and Startups

I have been asked by many friends about my interactions with VC's. Some of them have opinions (mostly negative) and want an outlet while others really want to know how things are progressing with finEye. In my opinion it is the one of the least understood industries and people really don’t know how the whole thing works. I don’t blame them one bit. Till recently I had no clue myself. A lot of people think VC’s add very little value and are “vultures”. I DISAGREE.

I have had many interesting interactions in the last few months with some very smart VC’s (yes, these folks are smart). These guys really listened and tried to understand what we are trying to do and provided some good feedback. Luckily for us, most of the VC’s we have talked to have been extremely candid. Venture Capital is the fuel of the Entrepreneurial Machine. They key for an entrepreneur is to somehow meet the right type of VC’s.

Things are progressing at a decent pace for us. I would like the whole thing to move faster so we can focus completely on the product. But the pace might just be right. We don’t want to rush into anything and make costly mistakes now that we have come this far. Choosing the right VC, who will help us in making all the right moves, is critical!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home