Saturday, January 28, 2006

Sharing - Is it overrated?

How much do I really want to share with rest of the world? We are getting access to new tools everyday that enable us to share our knowledge, interests, browsing behavior with our friends and anyone else who is interested. Do we really have this much appetite for sharing. I am not so sure. Today I checked out RawSugar. Its a competitor to del.icio.us (now part of Yahoo!) RawSugar seems interesting because it gives me the ability to organize my tags in a directory structure. I can integrate the service with my blog i.e. I can embed a tag box and search. I am going to try this service but I am a little skeptical. I will post my thoughts soon.

4 Comments:

At 1/30/2006, Blogger BillSaysThis said...

Deepak, you raise an interesting question about sharing. One answer is that 'on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.' For example, I usually go by the handle BillSaysThis when participating on different websites/discussion groups and this creates a layer of indirection. For anyone willing to spend about a minute they can work around and find my real name, but it's usually good enough. When I'm representing myself as a staff member at RawSugar, though, I usually sign my own name because it offers a validation that a made up handle lacks. Depends what you're trying to accomplish, in other words.

As for trying RawSugar we'd love to have you spend a little time with it and give us your feedback. We try to monitor blogs (like any good web-aware company these days) but please post to our forum or send email if you prefer. More than happy to answer any questions you have.

Regards,
Bill Lazar
RawSugar

 
At 11/01/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://fmvqtpfw.com/hbxo/aiql.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rucvrygw.com/svlg/lcoc.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 11/01/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 11/01/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://fmvqtpfw.com/hbxo/aiql.html | http://xxjcqkfu.com/qqwg/kvgu.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home